PAT Institute is registered as a private career college under the Private Career College Act, 2005. For further information please refer to the Service Ontario Website.
We are also the official trainers in the construction industry for the CLAC Union, Merit Ontario and Ontario Electrical League, with training centers in Toronto and Cambridge.
PAT Institute graduates meet the Merit Ontario, OEL and CLAC Union standards in training and safety; qualifying to access the Merit, OEL Job Board and the CLAC Union Employee Assistance program, where the industry hires.
PAT Institute is designed exclusively to prepare young adults to succeed as apprentices in the skilled trades through the development of strong technical and academic foundations. Our methodology of training supports practical learning which gives our graduates a jumpstart into employment through the Merit Ontario Job Board and CLAC Employment Assistance Program.
The Pre-Apprenticeship Training Institute is the only trainer in Ontario whose graduates qualify for the Open Shop Job Board at www.4openshop.ca
, removing many of the barriers to employment, by connecting graduates with employers who are hiring.
Is the Pre-Apprenticeship Program right for you?
- Men and Women looking for access to high paying jobs (average annual salary of a certified trades person is $50,000-70,000).
- Individuals who want direct access into the workplace can enter into an apprenticeship and gain marketable technical skills.
- Individuals who seek flexible work schedules.
- Individuals with strong interest in skilled trades and willingness to work in a safe industry.
- Men and Women who want the skills to enter a trade and graduate from a program recognised by industry that qualifies for the Merit Job Board where Industry hires.
Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs Available In:
Combined Programs Available In:
Pre-Apprenticeship Training Institute is where, CLAC, Merit Ontario, Ontario Electrical League, Progressive Contractors Association, Bell Train and where industry hires apprentices. The first step to entering an apprenticeship in Ontario is graduate from an industry recognized training program; qualify for an industry job board like the Merit Ontario job board, where industry hires apprentices and journeyman in Ontario.
Bridging The Gap
Currently the demand for skilled trades is very high across the country. With 35% of experienced trades people becoming eligible for retirement, in a market where construction permit requests continue to reach record levels, we offer the practical training to pursue these opportunities.
Call Today! Toronto & Cambridge Campuses 1-800-728-0137.